Easy Sheet Compost (also see video)
• Cut down existing vegetation leave it where it lays. Remove large woody material (or chop drop).
• Spray or sprinkle a solution of 1⁄4 cup un-sulfured molasses to 2 gal. of water over a 300 sq. ft. area (or about an ounce per 100 sf).
• Apply 1⁄4” to 1” of quality compost.
• Lay 2 or 3 layers of clean brown cardboard, free of tape and labels. 30 sheets of newspaper works too.
• Water every layer thoroughly.
• Can top with soil and cover crops or mulch.
• Best results in August and let it work over winter.
• Can be done in spring for fall planting.